GOKCE SAYGIN BATISTA, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP
Architect & Landscape Architect
2017-Present | Project Manager, NYC Department of Parks & Recreation
• Directing the design of large and/or complex architecture projects
• Preparing architectural schematic designs, contract drawings, specifications and estimates
• Providing construction administration support, leading meetings with stakeholders
• Managing project milestones and ensuring timely completion of work
• Presenting projects to other governmental agencies and departments, consultants and community members.
2016-2017 | Project Manager, Falcon Engineering, New York
• Prepared construction drawings and specifications for architectural alteration projects.
• Reviewed architectural projects for ADA and NYC building code compliance.
• Prepared proposals for architectural services.
• Worked with MEP team to produce design solutions.
• Generated detailed project estimates and research potential products and materials for specification.
• Managed projects to meet budget and schedule restrictions.
• Handled all management aspects of green roof project from beginning to end.
• Conceptualized and implement urban design plans for green infrastructure projects.
2014 - 2016 | Architectural & Landscape Designer, ODA: Architecture, New York
• Developed design plans for green roof decks & landscape projects.
• Created grading plan, layout plan, paving plan, planting plan, lighting plan, drainage plan, construction details
and specifications for landscape projects.
• Created renderings for client presentations.
• Created construction documents for landscape projects.
• Created construction documents for architectural projects.
2012 - 2014 | Architect, EcoBuild LLC, New York
• Designed and developed building plans for the first LEED Platinum building in Rize, Turkey.
• Developed planning documentation for LEED BD+C Certification.
• Reviewed & approved submittals for the LEED BD+C credits.
• Developed plans for a hurricane-proof building in Coney Island and Breeze Point, NYC
• Developed a sustainable urban design project for the Salt Lake City International 69/70 Competition
• Prepared LEED educational presentations for office team members.
• Assisted in managing client expectations and consultant coordination.
2009- 2012 Freelance Architect , Turkey
• Historic Komando Apartments | Architectural Designer
• Zeugma Archaeological Excavation, Gaziantep | Archaeological Field Surveyor
• Deniz Architects | Architectural Restorer of Historic Bond Houses in Bozcaada
• Savoy Residence Ulus | Landscape Designer
• Historic Komando Apartments | Landscape and Rooftop Garden Designer
• British International School , Sustainable School Garden | Designer
• TASYAPI Construction Industry and Trade Inc | Architectural Designer
• Digma Design | Hatemi House of Princess Island | Landscape Designer
• MEMA | Adana Urban Design Project | Designer of Coastal Recreation Areas
2010 Istanbul Technical University / Bachelor of Architecture, Turkey
2009 Istanbul Technical University / Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, Turkey
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Montessori Teacher Training,2018
Horticulture, NYC Botanical Garden,2015
U.S Green Building Council | LEED GA, 2014
Urban Permaculture Accelerated Training, 2012
New York Institute of Business | Business Management, 2012
New York University | Sustainable Construction Design, 2012
2014 R3Build by Green Building Council (2nd Place)
2013 3C Comprehensive Coastal Communities (Public Vote Champion)
2013 69/70 Urban Design Competition | Utah (2nd Place)
2013 Rebuild by Design | Designing for Coastal Resilience (Finalist)
2009 Bursa Kızyakup | Public Park Design (Honorable Award)
2009 Design for Happiness | Junk Playground Design for Kids (Honorable Award)
2008 Leonardini | Wood Toy Design (Honorable Award)
2019 Keynote Speaker, IFLA Europe Landscape Architecture Congress
2013 Utah 69/70 Urban Design Competition | Utah
2013 Istanbul Technical University | LEED in Turkey
2011 Children's Rights Congress | Children's Participation in the Architecture
2010 Architecture Social Forum | Chamber of Architects
2009 UCTEA Chamber of Landscape Architects Provincial Advocacy | Kayseri
2009 International Congress Architecture and Children ARCHILD | Ankara
2005 XXII World Congress of Architecture | UIA 2005 Istanbul
ACTIVITIES & WORKSHOPS
2013 Present AIA | Freelance Educator
2011- Present | Founder & Instructor | Arkidect, School of Architecture for Kids, NYC
2012 NYC Care Volunteer for Children's Recreation Activities| NYC
2012 Sustainable School Gardens | NYC
2008 UCTEA Chamber of Architects | Founder of Commission for Architecture & Children
2005 XXII World Congress of Architecture / UIA Istanbul | Organizing Committee
SUMMARY OF COMPUTER SKILLS
VRay for SketchUp
Microsoft Office Tools